Summer Programs

Summer Visas

Since we are a private non-profit arts organization, not an Italian university, attending a winter or summer program at the Siena Art Institute means our short-term program participants can enter Italy as a "tourist."  For U.S. citizens, this means you can stay in Italy for up to 90 days without having to apply for a study visa.  US. citizens are not asked to apply for a tourist visa, but citizens from other countries may require a tourist visa, even for a stay of less than 90 days.  

If you plan to stay in Italy for more than 90 days, please contact the Siena Art Institute and we can assist you with applying for a study visa from your Italian Consulate.

If you are from a country other than the US, please refer to your local consulate for information about whether or not you would need a visa for your time in Siena.

You may also be interested in...

Undergraduate Study
Abroad Program

The Siena Art Institute’s Undergraduate Program is designed for students who are focusing on their artistic development, and are looking for a new setting to pursue their art in a study-abroad experience. T...

Post-Baccalaureate Program

The Siena Art Institute’s Post-Baccalaureate Program is designed for students who have earned their BFA or BA and desire to spend a period of study honing their skills, exploring their artistic interests, a...

East Exit Program

East Exit is a program of scholarships open to students of art in Eastern Europe. The program is a semester abroad dedicated to a large range of students' interests, and takes place in Spring & Fall...

Sart life