OPEN CALL - Art & Money: What's the Point?
"Art and Money: What's the Point?" is a call dedicated to film projects that address the relationship between artistic expression and money (understood as a market, as patronage, as a resource or in any other sense).
Winners will receive a cash prize and participation in an event in Siena, Italy, that will develop as a meeting with professional producers and directors.
Awards & Prizes
The first prizewinner will receive a cash prize of 500 euros, the second prizewinner will receive 300 euros and the third prizewinner will receive 200 euros.
Additionally to the cash prize, winners will be offered the opportunity to take part in a dialogue with film professionals, to help them develop their projects and create potential new synergies with producers.
The three winners will be guaranteed accommodation for one night and one day and a flat-rate reimbursement of 50 euros for the trip to Siena, Italy.
Rules & Terms
• The competition is open to Italian or foreign authors who wish to present their own audiovisual projects of any kind and duration on the theme "Art and money";
• From among the projects received, a commission will select the three best ones (divided in rankings: first, second and third), whose authors will have the opportunity to develop their projects together with international directors and producers. The meeting will be held in English;
• The meeting will be held in Siena on 8 June 2019;
• The purpose of the meeting is to offer authors a dialogue with film professionals, to help them develop their projects and create potential new synergies with producers.
- How to register for the meeting between producers and directors -
• Registration for the "Art and Money: What's the Point?" competition is open up to 20 May 2019 and is only possible through the "FilmFreeway" platform. It involves the payment of a contribution of $30;
• To participate in the selection, the authors must upload the following information to the platform: log line, short synopsis, subject, direction notes, visual references, any teaser of a maximum of 5 minutes, as well as a bio-filmography.
- Selection, accommodation and prizes -
• The call selection committee will be responsible for the selection of films and audiovisual projects. The decisions of the selection committee shall be considered final and indisputable;
• The deadline for the submission of film projects is 20 May 2019;
• The selection committee will inform the participants of its decision by 25 May 2019 at the latest;
• The three projects indisputably judged the best will be presented by the authors in Siena on 8 June 2019;
• The three authors will be guaranteed accommodation for one night and one day and a flat-rate reimbursement of 50 euros for the trip to Siena, Italy;
• The first prizewinner will receive a cash prize of 500 euros, the second prizewinner will receive 300 euros and the third prizewinner will receive 200 euros.
The person who enters the film is responsible for the rights of the film itself.
Participation in the call implies authorisation for the projection of any teaser during the event and the dissemination of the author's data and some images, for the purpose of study or promoting the event.
In case of any possible other use, the organizers will contact the author.
INFO & CONTACTS:
Venue: The Point/Il Punto, Via E. S. Piccolomini N.2, 53100 Siena, Italy
For additional info call +39 0577 226607
Please send your application through Filmfreeway at https://filmfreeway.com/ArtandMoneyWhatsthePoint