How to reach us
Here are some tips for traveling to Siena using public transportation:
How do I arrive in Siena from ROME Fiumicino (FCO) Airport?
BUS (first option) – recommended mode of transportation.
Direct connection from Rome Airport FCO to Siena Piazza Gramsci. Tickets available only online and reservation needed. It leaves at 10:45 AM and 7:30 PM and takes 3 hours 15 mins. Cost: €22.
All information here: https://www.tiemmespa.it/viaggia-con-noi/fiumicino-aeroporto/
Rome Local Train + BUS (second option)
1. Train every 30 minutes (from 5:57 AM to 11:27 PM) from Rome Airport FCO to Rome Tiburtina Train Station (approx. 45min).
Ticket price approx: € 9.00
2. Then walk from the Rome Tiburtina Train Station to Rome Tiburtina Bus Station (approx. 5min, bus station is just across the street from the train station).
3. FLIXBUS/SENA/BALTOUR Bus from Rome Tiburtina Train Station to Siena Piazza Gramsci (approx. 3 hours). Buy tickets at the bus station, at the Sena Ticket Booth near “stallo 6”. Check at ticket booth which ‘stallo’ or platform the bus is leaving from. Ticket price approx: 24.00 €. https://global.flixbus.com/
Alternate method from Rome: TRAIN
1. Leonardo Express Train every 30 minutes (from 6:37 to 23:37) from Rome Airport FCO to Rome Termini Train Station (approx. 30min).
Ticket price: 14.00 €
2. Change trains at the Roma Termini Train Station to Siena Train Station (approx. 3 ½ hours). You’ll change trains either in Chiusi or Grosseto. For exact schedule and ticket prices check http://www.trenitalia.com/tcom-en
How do I arrive in Siena from Florence Peretola Airport?
Suggested Method: Shuttle bus + TRAIN
1. Shuttle Bus from Florence Airport FLR to downtown Florence (departs every 30min; €6, buy ticket onboard). Get off at the first stop, Santa Maria Novella train station.
2. Walk into the station, purchase ticket for Siena from automatic machines. Validate ticket in yellow/green machines trackside before boarding. Trip takes approx. 1hr 30min. Schedule at http://www.trenitalia.com/tcom-en, tickets €8.50. There is only one train station in Siena.
Alternate method from Florence: BUS
1. Shuttle Bus from Florence Airport FLR to downtown Florence
-departs every 30min on the :00 and :30
-cost: €6, cash only, buy ticket onboard.
-Destination: The shuttle will first stop at the train station (don’t get off), stay on until the 2nd and final stop, the nearby SITA bus station (Autostazione). This is your stop.
2. “Siena Rapida” bus from Autostazione to Siena Piazza Gramsci
-departs hourly during workdays*
-cost: 8.40 €. Cash only, buy ticket at bus station counter.
- validate ticket onboard in yellow machine.
-journey approx. 1hr 15min.
-schedules at http://www.busfox.com/timetable/
How do I arrive in Siena from Pisa?
Suggested Method: Shuttle bus + TRAIN
1. Airport shuttle bus from Pisa Airport PSA to Pisa Centrale Train Station (approx. 3min).
2. Train from Pisa Centrale to Empoli Train Station (approx. 1hr 20min).
3. train from Empoli Train Station to Siena Train Station (approx. 50min). For exact schedule and ticket prices check http://www.trenitalia.com/tcom-en
Please note that while the Siena bus station “Piazza Gramsci” is in the city center, the Siena train station is on the outskirts of town, appx 20 minutes walk by foot into the city center, or you can take a taxi (there is a taxi stand outside the main entrance of the train station, cost appx 10 euro for taxi ride within the city center, depending on time and distance.
OTHER TRAVELING INFORMATION
What are some important websites for traveling within Italy?
Public transportation is very easy to use in Italy and people use it quite frequently.
Ferrovie dello Stato (National Train) http://www.trenitalia.com/tcom-en
Flixbus (Bus throughout Europe) – https://global.flixbus.com/